Welcome to migrant Empowerment Group UK
MEG UK welcomes Asylum seeker Refugees and Migrant regardless of status and their children are welcome. We meet once I week on Monday, please see the website for exact dates. (Refreshments are provided and travel expenses are reimbursed.)
* Our aim is to help one another to help ourselves
* We share and learn through each other’s experiences and problem solving
* We organise events, training and awareness raising workshops
* Unfortunately, we cannot offer any immigration advice, financial support, work or housing
* We provide a safe and secure space and a source of support for each other, social and emotional
* MEG UK brings us together – Together we have power, we can learn skills, increase our capacity, overcome helplessness and isolation
* At MEG UK, we support, empower each other, meet and make friends.
MEG UK is an advocacy and research group which works with and for Asylum seeker Refugees and Migrant in order to enhance their ability to rebuild their lives.
If you would like to know more, please contact us.
Welcome to the website of Migrant Empowerment Group UK
Who are we?
Our members are migrant from all backgrounds who seek to create a self-led organisation to gain ownership of our own destiny.
MEG UK is a group where Asylum seeker, Refugees and Migrant can come and meet and learn from one another and share experiences with total confidence, also making friends and connections.
We are an advocacy and research group which works with and for Asylum seeker, Refugees and Migrant to enhance their ability to rebuild their lives.
We are committed to campaigning on domestic violence, to promote positive opportunities, social cohesion, build confidence and self-esteem, and to enhance active citizenship.
We empower and support Asylum seeker, Refugees and Migrant in West Midland (Wolverhampton) to voice their needs and represent themselves at strategic and policy making levels.
MEG UK is committed to signpost Asylum seeker to anti-deportation campaign organisations.